Each year, there is a fund-a-need drive during the MaryFair Dinner and Auction event. Since its introduction in 2009, approximately $210,000 has been given to this special appeal, enabling us to accomplish the following projects:
- Replacement of all window blinds in the school with modern solar shades
- Updates to restrooms including modernization of equipment and improved plumbing
- Installation of an Induction Loop hearing assistance system in the church
- A complete overhaul of the gym including new lighting, scoreboards, wall mats and paint
- iPad stations and Smart Boards for classrooms
- The transformation of our playground into an innovative new playscape
- Tornado relief for St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Joplin
- Installation of a canopy to provide protection from the weather on the sidewalks leading to the church and school entrances
This year, the goal for the MaryFair 2018 Designated Appeal is to fund the replacement of existing lighting with LED throughout the school. The current incandescent and fluorescent lights in most of the facility are over 25 years old and outdated, converting 95% of energy into heat and only 5% into light. LED lights are up to 80% more efficient, converting 95% of the energy into light with only 5% wasted as heat. The estimated energy savings per year totals approximately $6,000.
Please help us reach our goal of $47,000 to fund this much needed project. If you would like to contribute but will not be attending the dinner and auction, you may make a donation to the 2018 Designated Appeal through the MaryFair Auction Website or by contacting Jennifer Wood.
Thank you in advance for your generosity!