The 2017 Tulsa March for Life is the annual gathering of thousands of Tulsans willing to stand up for the dignity of life. The march will feature a pre-March rally of Praise and Worship music led by Jake Szoeke, Director of Contemporary Music at the Church of Saint Mary.
This is a great outing for families and the entire Saint Mary community as we stand together for life. Make plans to participate.
Bishop David Konderla will be the celebrant at the 12:00 Mass at Holy Family Cathedral, at 8th & Boulder in downtown Tulsa. The Cathedral will undoubtedly be full.At 12:15 p.m., the pre-March rally will begin outside to engage the crowd that cannot fit inside the Cathedral. We will hear familiar Sunday Mass hymns as we sing and pray together.
At about 1:00 p.m., Bishop Konderla will give an address to everyone assembled outside the Cathedral. He will lead everyone though a short march through the streets of downtown Tulsa. The march concludes at the downtown Centennial Green with some excellent keynote speakers:
- Mr. Michael A. Scaperlanda, President of Saint Gregory’s University in Shawnee
- Shelby Flahive, a Bishop Kelley High School student,
- Pastor John Wilke, Pastor of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Broken Arrow,
- Pastor Ryan Moore of First Presbyterian Church, and
- Father Bryan Brooks, Pastor of the Church of the Madalene.